ANCHORAGE, AK – The National Center for American Indian Enterprise Development (the National Center) will host its next Native Edge Institute (NEI) on November 27th at the Sheraton Hotel in downtown Anchorage, Alaska. NEI Alaska will once again be facilitated by GovContractPros and sponsored by ArcticIT (a Doyon, Limited company). It is also being hosted in partnership with Alaska Federation of Natives.
NEI Alaska provides both government contractors hands-on training in federal and corporate small business programs and how to leverage programs to enter the supply chain of large prime contractors. The NEI will also provide valuable insights on advances in technology and cyber security. The NEI is supported through a generous donation from KeyBankFoundation, which was announced earlier this year at RES.This is the first physical event the National Center will host in Alaska.
“We are thrilled to continue our Native Edge Institutes with our first event in Alaska,” said Chris James, President and CEO of the National Center. “With the help of ArcticIT and Alaska Federation of Natives, as well as the experts at GovContractPros, NEI Alaska will help ensure that Alaska-based contractors have access to the type of hands-on training and updates needed to be successful in business. We hope to see you in a few weeks in Anchorage.”
The one-day event only costs $49 (lunch included). Program topics and sessions will include:
- Leveraging the Mentor-Protege and Joint Venture programs
- Staying small and surviving the mid-size
- Financing alternatives
- Tribal, ANC, and NHO strategies
- Compliance reviews for size and status
- Updates on Certifications: 8(a) Business Development, HUBZone, SDVOSB, Women-owned, including economic disadvantaged
- Mentoring sessions with contracting experts and practitioners
- The evolution of technology
- Latest on the dark web, and protecting tribal assets
To register, please click here. Spots are available so don’t hesitate to sign up today.